Monday, June 15, 2015

Acuff's Five-Step Secret to Getting It All Done

You know that problem of having too much to do with too little time?

Right now I'm reading Start by Jon Acuff. (If the rest of the book is as good as the first half, I will share a review later.) Acuff had the same trouble and came up with a five-step secret in order to survive.

1. Admit that you can't possibly get it all done. 
2. Give yourself the grace to accept that as a reality, not failure. 
3. Do the things you can do with your full attention. 
4. Celebrate what happens during Step 3 instead of obsessing over the things you didn't get to. 
5. Repeat as necessary. 
(from Start by Jon Acuff)

I think this list is going by my kitchen sink.

5 comments :

  1. Love it already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Thank you for sharing! Please do review the rest of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That is really good and extremely pertinent for me currently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SilverMoon says: My friend was feeling awfully low today after working hard at a job that will only need to be done again and again this week. After he read this post, he straightened up, smiled and look as if a burden had just fallen off his shoulders. On his behalf, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like awesome advice! I wonder when we women began to see ourselves as failing when we didn't get a large unrealistic list done every day. Our grandmothers had days when they concentrated on one thing ie. baking on Monday. Sometimes I think the distraction of getting things done, is the enemy taking us away from the truly important things in the house - the people!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails