Wednesday, March 18, 2015

HIS Grace is Sufficient

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

 The following is an excerpt from Streams in the Desert compiled by Mrs. Charles E. Cowman. Truth I needed reminded of today.

"The other evening I was riding home after a heavy day's work. I felt very wearied, and sore depressed, when swiftly and suddenly as a lightning flash, that text came to me, "My grace is sufficient for thee."...I said, 'I should think it is, Lord,' and burst out laughing.

..."It seemed to make unbelief so absurd. It was as though some little fish, being very thirsty, was troubled about drinking the river dry, and [the river] said, 'Drink away, little fish, my stream is sufficient for thee.'

"Or, it seemed after the seven years of plenty, a mouse feared it might die of famine; and Joseph might say, 'Cheer up, little mouse, my granaries are sufficient for thee.' " - C.H. Spurgeon

His grace is great enough to meet the great things-
     The crashing waves that overwhelm the soul,
The roaring winds that leave us stunned and breathless,
     The sudden storms beyond our life's control. 
His grace is great enough to meet the small things -
     The little pin-prick troubles that annoy,
The insect worries, buzzing and persistent,
     The squeaking wheels that grate upon our joy.
             by Annie Johnson Flint




9 comments :

  1. I love this. May I remember the fish and the mouse the next time I am overwhelmed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful truth! Thanks for the reminder! ~Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a peace this brings to my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such truth. His grace is always sufficient for me. I need to remember this.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... did you read my mind? I thank you for posting this encouragement form me today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I needed this, too, today!
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Streams in the Desert and have been refreshed many times by it. I met you, Gina, today at REACH and thought I would give you the book titles and authors that we talked about. I know as an avid reader I'm always looking for new stuff to read. :)
    " Diapers, Pacifiers and other Holy Things" by Lorraine Pintus is a devotional for busy moms.
    "The Love List" by Rs. Les and Leslie Parrott- a marriage book that gives you eight little things that make a big difference in your marriage
    There is another book that I read recently that is one of the most inspirational books I've read beside the Bible. It's called "The Insanity of God" by Nik Ripken, and while the title sounds strange, the book is packed with stories of how faith survives among the persecuted church and among Muslim background believers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn -
      I loved meeting you this week! It is so fun to meet readers in person.

      And thanks for all the book suggestions. I will look them up!
      Gina

      Delete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails