Friday, April 26, 2013

Cowboy Bars



My brother loved coconut (probably still does!) and I remember him helping to mix up a batch of cowboy cookies. Possibly the name had an added appeal to  a young boy.

I had totally forgotten about cowboy cookies until I found a recipe for cowboy bars. They are exactly what I remember the cowboy cookies tasting like. We now have a new family favorite.

Cowboy Bars

slightly adapted from the Charm Countryview Favorites
  1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup milk
2 cup flour (white or whole wheat)
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups quick oats
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup coconut (optional)

Cream together butter and sugars.
Add eggs, vanilla, and milk and beat well.
Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and oats.
Stir in chocolate chips, nuts, and coconut.
Spread in a greased jelly roll pan (or two 9x13 pans) Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Yummy!

5 comments :

  1. Thank you. I'll be trying these soon.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! This sounds like a recipe that would disappear at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be making these this week. In our house, coconut is NEVER, EVER optional, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sound so yummy! No coconut though unless I want to eat it all myself. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just have to say that we made these a couple days ago, and ooooh buddy, they're GOOD! Though I like extra coconut. This is definitely a recipe that's going into the recipe binder! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails